Each April & May, Williamson Recycles/Keep Williamson Beautiful sponsors Environmental Reading for kindergarten classes to celebrate Earth Day! Volunteers read environmentally-themed books to promote environmental education and litter prevention awareness.
Environmental Reading Demonstration
Click here to WATCH a demonstration of the Environmental Reading Program presented by Westwood Elementary School’s wonderful Green Team and filmed by our great partner WC-TV!
Note: Since filming, the program has shifted from 2nd grade curriculum to kindergarten science curriculum! Williamson County’s Environmental Reading Program is correlated to the WCS science scope and sequence and is science curriculum specialist approved!
Click here to view the 2020 Environmental Reading Teacher Guide.
Click here to view the Environmental Reading Sample Program for Volunteers. - 2020 sample program coming soon!
Click here to view the Environmental Reading Pledge, which is given to each kindergarten classroom. We encourage you to take this pledge too!
Keep Williamson Beautiful loves its 2017 reading partners!
- Brentwood Library
- College Grove Community Library
- County Commissioner Barbara Sturgeon
- Franklin Sustainability Commission
- Freedom Intermediate’s Green Team
- GFWC: Brentwood Woman’s Club
- GFWC: Spring Station Woman’s Club
- New Neighbor’s Garden Club
- Old Glory Chapter, DAR
- Poplar Grove Middle’s Green Team
- Westwood Elementary’s 5th Grade Green Team
- Williamson County Master Gardeners
- Williamson County Public Library
- Winstead Elementary’s 5th Grade Student Council
Special thank you to our phenomenal 2017 volunteers who read to 2nd grade classes at 26 of the Williamson County and Franklin Special School District elementary schools!!!!! We hugely appreciate our fabulous volunteers!
Contact Jennifer Stanley at (615) 786-0166 or email email@example.com!