A STUDENT ENTERING A SCHOOL IN THE FRANKLIN SPECIAL SCHOOL (FSSD) DISTRICT:
A STUDENT ENTERING A SCHOOL IN THE WILLIAMSON COUNTY SCHOOLS (WCS) DISTRICT:
Franklin Special School District requires a state of TN certificate of immunization and proof of physical exam upon initial entry to our schools.
Another certificate is not required until 7th grade at which time the Tdap booster is required to be documented on a TN Certificate of Immunization.
GET YOUR IMMUNIZATION CERTIFICATE!
Three EASY ways to make sure your student is ready to start school in Williamson County!
1) WALK IN and drop of the records. You can wait or come back when they are ready for pick up.
2) FAX the demographic form and the vaccination records to our fax line at: (615) 790-5967, Attention: Immunization Nurse.
3) SUBMIT your digital request here and upload your child's immunization records to be transferred.
1. State law requires a completed, up-to-date, grade level appropriate Tennessee Certificate of
Immunization on file for each child. The certificate may only be obtained from a TN Health Care
Provider or local Tennessee Health Department. Only students who transfer from another TN public
school are allowed 30 days to provide immunization records. All private school and out-of-state
transfer students must have their certificate on file before the first day of school.
There are two exceptions:
a. Medical Exemption: The health care provider must indicate specific vaccines that are
medically exempted (because of risk of harm) on the Tennessee Certificate of Immunization
form. Other vaccinations remain required.
b. Religious Exemption: Two forms are required if you have a religious objection to
immunizations. A WCS notarized affidavit signed by a parent/guardian AND a Tennessee
Certificate of Immunization with the Religious Exemption box checked in section 1a.
2. A complete Health Examination of every child entering a WCS for the first time is required. The
exam for Kindergarten students must be completed within 12 months before their first day of
school. If the exam is not documented on the certificate, the parent must provide a document from
their child’s health care provider showing proof that a school entry health examination has been
3. All foreign born children entering a Williamson County School for the first time are required to
present evidence of freedom from infectious tuberculosis. The evidence should include a report of a
negative tuberculin skin test done in the United States. If the skin test is positive, a chest x-ray or
other necessary examination to certify absence of clinical tuberculosis is required.