Fresh-Cut Christmas Tree Recycling
- have year-round bins for clean yard waste. After removing all decorations, nails and tinsel, trees can be taken by Williamson County residents to any county convenience center where it will become mulch.
- The cities of Brentwood, Fairview, and Franklin have scheduled tree drop-off locations at local parks.
- City of Franklin residents may also recycle trees with the Blue Bin curbside recycling program.
Gift Wrapping Paper
Holiday Greeting Cards
Foam Packing Peanuts
- Foam packing peanuts are reusable products. Many UPS stores in Williamson County accept and reuse packing peanuts. Please call ahead and contact your local UPS store directly.
White Block Foam
- White block Styrofoam can be taken to EFP Corporation. Please contact EFP Corp directly at (615) 832 - 6222.
"Green" Holiday Tips
- Consider saving and reusing gift wrapping paper and tissue that is not badly torn. Torn paper can be cut up and used for crafts. Gift bags can be reused over and over!
- Consider non-traditional wrapping materials, like decorated newspaper, bandanas, and old scarves.
- Cardboard boxes can be covered and used as decorative storage OR re-used to pack and ship items.
- When holiday shopping for gifts or food, remember to carry your reusable bags to avoid unnecessary plastic grocery bags.
- Remember to store food leftovers in reusable containers and avoid single-use plastic wrap, bags and foil.
- Serve guests food with washable and reusable dishware, rather than disposable plates and cutlery.
- Send holiday wishes via email to cut down on paper card use. If you do send paper cards, purchase cards made from recycled content.
- Give "experience gifts", like concert tickets.